Sunday 20 May 2012

A little work, a little play


I am continuing to do some work for the folks in Toronto, but I have to say that the office here is a whole lot nicer, and I really don't mind going to work!! As you can see, I'm all set up with a portable desk and headset, so can work from just about anywhere.



Yesterday was clean-up day at our marina.  A good number of the boat owners turned out at 8:30, grabbed garbage bags, and began to clean up the shoreline all around the marina.  We collected bags and bags of trash - bottles, cans, cigarette packs, and various unidentifiable pieces of garbage.  There was also a flea market, where anyone could bring what they wanted to get rid.  Michael had his eye on this beauty, but decided in the end that we really didn't need a motorcycle!!

Lunch was provided by one of the local boat sales companies - fried chicken, potato salad, and baked beans, with dessert, of course.


After lunch, we went for a pontoon boat ride with Dave & Kay, neigbours from down the dock.


There's a little bay not far from here, with 3 massive 'dolphins' in the middle of it.  These are pilings that were put in for the river barges to tie up to in bad weather.

The barges don't go in there nowadays, and the dolphins have become home to a family of ospreys.  Mama wasn't impressed with us, thinking that we were getting much too close for comfort, and took off across the bay to draw us away from the nest.  Her mate was close by, also keeping watch.  Eventually she came back to the nest, and Michael was able to get this amazing photo.









1 comment:

  1. Hi, Mike and Mundy:
    I'm having supper at P and Sue's, and have read your blog. It's interesting that you saw some dragsters - it seemed like it was good fun. It's great to know you have met some friends, and can get a change from the boat and the marina. The last couple of days I have been feeling better - perhaps I'm getting over what it was. The doctor I went to, didn't say much and I think it will be when I need my knees aspirated that I'll see him again. So far the knees are pretty good.
    We are having summer weather, but rain is expected soon.
    It's great to hear from you both, and you seem to be really enjoying life.
    Keep well. Much love, Mum. XXX

    ReplyDelete