Wednesday 19 June 2013

It was a dark and stormy night.....

Actually, it was a lovely evening, bright and sunny, but still with a cool wind.  We had been joined earlier in the day by Heart Tug (Randy and Audrey from Cambridge, ON) and Frederica Lady (Charlie and EJ from Georgia).  Both boats are heading for the North Channel, and have ended up travelling together after meeting in the Trent Severn Waterway.  They arrived in Echo Bay, set their anchors and headed out to Henry's for lunch.  On the way, they stopped by to say hello to us, and invite us over for drinks that evening.






We headed over around 5pm, looking forward to hearing of their travels north.  EJ offered us a Dark and Stormy - something I had heard of but never tasted.  After hearing it's made of dark rum, ginger beer and lime, I quickly agreed, as did Michael. I think I've found my new favourite drink.

It was a late dinner for us that evening, and we were up fairly early the next morning to wave goodbye to our new friends as they continue their travels.




Michael and I then went on a tour in the runabout.  As you can see, the wind is still very cold!


But another beautiful evening brought our neighbourhood loon back.  This time, I got the pictures to prove it!




No comments:

Post a Comment